Wednesday, November 25, 2009

War ..... (Poetry)

My bloodied hands leave stain on my soul,
My memories speak of murder and plunder,
The countless victims of my campaigns foul,
Haunt my sleeps like lightning and thunder.

The rapacious hunger for loot and killing,
Beastly carnage of the hell's fury let loose,
Each account more horrid, more chilling,
Each action a witness of the evil I chose.

Cries and screams pierce my heart no more,
Death and destruction on hunt of prey,
Deriving savage pleasure from blood and gore,
Shadow of fear and hunger cast on the day.

Nourished by the suffering far and wide,
Stabbing my own kin for my wicked desires,
Blowing out flames of life in my stride,
Destroyiong, razing, burning, setting fires.

Where will I stop? When is the end?
How low morally will still I descend,
How will I ever get rid of this scar,
Left on me by monster named war.

1 comment:

Sherry said...

hey really a touchy poem... feel like hanging all the terrorists upside down ...