Monday, August 22, 2011

I Believe...

I Believe,
They told me you only believe what you see,
The truth they said is plain and clear,
Sometimes its painful, sometimes dear,
But it will always be, right there in front of me,
Now I know they lied through their teeth,
For the truth, yes it was right there,
But thinly veiled, obscured, burried beneath,
And what I saw was fair, but not fair,
A polished smile to hide a thousand tears,
A dream of future to dispel today's fears,
And then I said I have the right to know,
That is when they were afraid to show,
For they knew that once I knew,
My vigour renewed, fresh and new,
I would ask them to be accountable,
Bring a change not just talks and fable,
I would not rest till they make if clear and fair,
Corrupted consciences clearly in despair,
The greed, the avarice has to stop,
Someone who questions the people at top,
Call it whatever you want to call,
Ombudsman, Investigator or Lokpal.
And I believe the change will come.

My countrymen rise and shine,
Its time to shout and not to whine,
Let our voice shatter the sleep,
Of those who rest in their slumber deep,
I know, the road is long and hard,
Let us hold each others hands,
And guide each other through each nook and bend,
Let us my countrymen walk to the end.
I believe....

No comments: